Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter Whites and Blues









It's official. Winter has set in with a vengeance. Life has slowed down here almost to a crawl. The phone has stopped ringing and I'm considering cutting off service. Who needs friends anyway? I've got a subscription to Netflix!

Oh well. Spring will come (at least that's what everyone tells me, in the rare moments of human contact that I do have).

Meanwhile, there are things to notice. A hawk. Ice on a branch. Blue sky exploding behind a tree.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I thought about you yesterday as we drove by several cherry blossom trees that are blooming...It feels like spring here...but there isn't that same rhythm of the seasons you experience.

Can't wait to see you in 12 days! Have the wine and Shirley Valentine waiting!