Monday, January 19, 2009

We're Off to See Obama!


We said we would go, then we said we wouldn't, then we said we would - and now we're going. Yes, it's winter, and there is snow all over the place, not my favorite time to start a road trip. And yes, I know there will be humungous crowds in DC (I swear, if one more person tells me about the crowds, my head is going to explode! I lived for over 6 years in the mostly densely populated city in western europe - I think I can handle Obama crowds for a few hours).

So that's all - just a quick note to whoever happens to be awake or on the computer right now, breathlessly awaiting my next installment (ha!).

Stay tuned for photos, anecdotes, and more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm awake! I'm breathless!

And how can you not make a road trip to our nation's capital to see history as it happens? Sure, it'll be cold and crowded. Yes, it could be awesome or it could be awful. But you'll have something to write about in either case!

MPK, LR, TD and I will be going to the Hotel de Ville for a big shin-dig. Got special invites and all. We'll think of you, there live and in person and in the thick of it.

And wherever we are, we're all filled with hope...

lisa said...

i'm so happy and excited to know you're there!!!
i wish we were there with you of course, and leaping up and down together, but really, really, our hearts are there with you!
with WARM best wishes, huge joy, and much love,
~ l & t

Angela said...

So, how were the crowds? Crowded? :)