Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Worst Creche in the World!


This creche is outside a parochial school which I walk by every day. I'm not religious, nor am I advocating for any particular religion, but I have to ask what kind of message does it send to kids to have your religion's holy figures portrayed as blow-up dolls? And cheap, flimsy ones at that? Maybe this sort of creche would be OK in another climate, but here in New England it verges on the ridiculous. If I was religious, I would be deeply offended to see my school's creche buried like so much trash under the snow every other week, not to mention constantly blown around by wind (in this photo it looks more like a nativity scene on a raft, to be honest). Two thousand years of religious art, cathedrals, stained glass, and now this? Ladies and gentlemen, the separation of church and art is now official.

No comments: